« Home

My Summer - Briefly

My father-in-law's cancer took over him - but there were many blessing during the long struggle. We witnessed him, and us, become more like our Savior. His power is made perfect through weakness.

My father-in-law went to be with the Lord the day after Father's day. It is far better to be absent from the body and present with the Lord.

A couple of weeks later my dad was diagnosed with colon and liver cancer. He is now undergoing treatment.

"The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord!"


Other than those things, It's been nice not worry about posting, or even thinking too much for that matter. I miss blogdom and am condidering starting up again with Wordpress.

I have a site I've been sitting on here but we'll see if I'm able to do anything with it.

Rick, Sorry to hear about your father-in-law and your dad. At least there is great comfort in knowing your father-in-law is with the Lord.

My dad passed away on April 24th after a short battle with lung cancer and kidney failure. I haven't felt like blogging at all since his death. It really put the zap on me.

I was about to e-mail you because you seemed to disappear from the blogosphere, but I figured something serious must be up.

My wife and I will remember your dad in our prayers and hope for a recovery there.

If you don't return to blogging, thanks for your page and all the good links. I now regularly check out Scott Clark and others. There's a lot of really good stuff out there.

God's blessings on you and your family.

R.J.

R.J.

Thank you for your prayers.

I am sorry for your loss as well. Your family will be in my prayers.

May God bless you in Christ Jesus our Lord

Post a Comment
    This Millennial Life is a blog by: Rick B.
    or, "Rick B."
    From: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Most Recent Entries

Archives by Month

~A Tale of Two Mountains~

For you have not come to what may be touched, a blazing fire and darkness and gloom and a tempest and the sound of a trumpet and a voice whose words made the hearers beg that no further messages be spoken to them. For they could not endure the order that was given, “If even a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned.” Indeed, so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I tremble with fear.” But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. (Hebrews 12:18-24 ESV)